Employee Relationship Specialist:
(previously advertised as Certified Employee Relationship Specialist)
|HR005e|||||08 - 12 Jun 14|||||Dubai|||||$ 4450|||||30 CPE / 25 PHR-SPHR||||
|HR005e|||||23 - 27 Nov 14|||||Dubai|||||$ 4450|||||30 CPE / 25 PHR-SPHR||||
|HR005e|||||07 - 11 Jun 15|||||Dubai|||||$ 4600|||||30 CPE / 25 PHR-SPHR||||
This is an ILM (Institute of Leadership & Management) Endorsed Programme. Optional ILM Endorsed Certification carries an assessment component which contributes to measuring learning impact.
The seminar is designed to develop increased productivity and motivation through the application of best practice in the way that employees are treated by the organisation. The seminar will enable the creation of a working environment in which all staff are able to contribute their full potential. This will involve creating a supportive and trusting climate at work and ensuring that individual and collective ER (Employee Relationships) issues are handled positively and sensitively.
The main features of the seminar are:
- Shows how to create a close working relationship between ER and the rest of the organisation
- Establishes the policies that create an effective ER function
- Matches these policies to the practices that support them
- Addresses how to get the best from people
- Addresses key issues for ER and Supervisors/Team Leaders such as handling absence, poor timekeeping and unrealistic aspirations for promotion
By the end of the seminar, delegates will:
- Be able to relate the role of ER to the role of the Managers/Supervisor and Team Leader
- Know how to manage change
- Be able to deal with performance problems and modify the behaviour of employees
- Be able to influence the behaviour of managers and team leaders
- Be able to operate disciplinary procedures and grievance procedure
- Know how to manage absence
- Understand the role of an Employee Assistance programme
The training methodology used is designed to encourage maximum participation by all delegates. The presenter will suggest ideas and theories to the delegates and then encourage them to test out the ideas by the use of discussion, small group work, exercises and feedback. Each day of the seminar will end by delegates completing their own record of what has been learned on the day and considering how the ideas might be transferred back to the workplace.
The benefits to the organisation in delegates attending this seminar and putting the ideas into practice are as follows:
- Improved leadership
- Greater productivity
- Improved morale and commitment
- A line management team (Supervisors and team Leaders) will feel supported by the ER function
- The ER function will develop closer working relationships with the line management team (Supervisors and team Leaders)
- Improved standards of performance and conduct throughout the organization
The seminar will equip delegates with the following skills:
- Motivate employees in a positive and thorough way
- Understand why people work and why they try hard (and why they sometimes don’t)
- Handling Grievances
- The different roles of HR and ER staff; line managers, supervisors and team leaders
- How to make Disciplinary Action effective and the mistakes to avoid
- Managing common problems such as absence or lateness
- Performance Management
- Linking the organisations values to the ER function
The seminar is designed to develop increased productivity and motivation through the application of best practice in the way that employees are treated by the organisation. Attendance at the seminar will benefit:
- Employee Relations Specialists
- HR and Personnel Professionals
- Line Managers
- Supervisors and Team Leaders
This programme is pre-approved by HRCI (Human Resource Certification Institute) which qualify for general re-certification credit hours of HR Professionals.
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
The Core Role of Employee Relations
The ER function in Practice
Supporting the Manager, Supervisor or Team Leader
Managing Performance, Counselling, Providing Employee Assistance
Getting the Best from People
Following attendance at the programme you are required to complete an assignment:
- Explain the distinctions in principle between the role of the ER specialist and the role of the line management team.
- Explain the distinctions between the role of ER and the line management team in dealing with: Disciplinary Action, Handling Absence and Timekeeping, Handling Grievances, Equal Opportunities and Performance Management.
- Suggest some ways in which the relationship between ER and the line management team might be developed in your organisation over the next 12 months.
GLOMACS is an ILM (Institute of Leadership & Management) Approved Centre (Centre ID # 825565) and offers a number of approved Management and Leadership programmes fully endorsed by ILM as well as ILM Qualifications or VRQs. Participants who intend to obtain ILM Endorsed and Qualification certification (aside from Glomacs Certificate of Completion) would be required to complete a kind of assessment after the conclusion of any ILM Endorsed Programme or ILM Qualification or VRQs.
GLOMACS is proud to hold the Approved Provider status with HR Certification Institute (HRCI), an internationally recognized certifying organization for the human resource profession. This partnership grants us the ability to provide pre-approved HR Programs which qualify for re-certification credit of HR Professionals as signified by the Approved Provider seal in the program outline.
GLOMACS is registered with NASBA as a sponsor of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. NASBA have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
All Training Programmes delivered by GLOMACS by default are eligible for CPE Credit.
A GLOMACS - Oxford Management Centre collaboration aims at providing the best training services and benefits to our valued clientele.